What is an EKG?
- It checks your heart rhythm
- It will see if you have poor blood flow to your heart muscle (this is called ischemia)
- It can diagnose a heart attack or previous heart attack
- It can check on things that are abnormal, such as thickened heart muscleWhat is an EKG?
How to prepare?
- Avoid oily or greasy skin creams and lotions the day of the test because they can keep the electrodes from making contact with your skin.
- Avoid full-length hosiery, because electrodes need to be placed directly on your legs.
- Wear a shirt that you can remove easily to place the leads on your chest.